Saturday 5 July 2014

The Russian Doll quilt and scraps...

Here we are again, Sunday evening and the beginning of another week in the morning.  So incredible to think we are now into the second half of the year...oh my.

I had a good week in amongst the coughing from this flu and managed to get another quilt done.  This one is my friend Felicity's and is a yummy scrap quilt with Russian Dolls in the centre block.  I emailed Felicity that her quilt was ready to pick up, but she thought it was a bit too far to come from Yorkshire, England!!!  LOL.  Well, I suppose she is right and I will see her when she comes back home.


 I used a  lovely King Tut variegated thread 917 that just looks great over all these colours.


The pattern is Passion Fruit by Hermione Agee of Lorien Quilting.  It is really sweet and easy to do.


The colours are just gorgeous in this quilt.


And a sweet backing fabric to complete the look.  Nice one Fliss, I enjoyed quilting your quilt.  Now you know which one it is (vbg as Felicity reads my blog regularly).

Yesterday my friend Eve and I spent quite some time adding a border to a quilt we are going to give to a couple from church that have left.  Unfortunately we ran out of fabric and willl have to go hunt for a bigger piece that matches well.  I spent an hour or so making the extra blocks for the outside row of my Pretties  quilt and hope to make the last four rows in the next day or so.

Monday I think it will be putting the Affairs of the Heart quilt back on and hopefully will have it finished by the end of the week.  It has been a lovely lazy Sunday with Church first thing and then brunch.  Afternoon tea with our friends and now a relaxing time in front of the telly.

By the way, the design Cool Bears that I used earlier this week on Jude's quilt is by Apricot Moon designs and was printed by The Quilt Connection.

Talk to you all again soon.  Take care.

Blessings
Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment