Saturday 7 December 2019

Christmas outing ...

Our Tuesdays girls had our yearly Christmas outing today.  This time we headed west and went to Palmerston North, which is about 1 hour 40 mins from here.  It's a bit longer these days because the gorge that you used to drive through has been closed for the last 18 months or so due to major slips.  The cost of repairing it was too major and a new road is going to be developed.  Unfortunately, it's going to take about another 6 years before that is completed!!  We are way down on the list of priorities. This is the only access road from east to west within reasonable distance.  In the meantime you have two options - the Saddle Road - steep, windy and hard work for the big trucks and is the most used one I think from north east traffic, and the windy, semi flatter one that goes from south east.  We went over one way and back the other so did a complete circle, lol. That way we could manage to fit in at least two quilt shops.

On the quilting front, I have been plodding only, as still getting my speed back up from the chest infection - had to do another round of antibiotics, but never mind.  I have finished quilting one of the baby quilts I made and bought some binding today to do the final installment.  I had a lovely wee spend up this time - it is only once a year ladies!  The excuse of Christmas that is, hehehe.


Most of these pieces I have in mind for small borders and binding on baby quilts.  The charm pack will make a really lovely little baby quilt and I bought a lovely yellow/gold matching fabric to border and bind this one with.  Sorry the photo is not very good but never mind.  The dark fabrics along the top are Fq's for my eldest grandson's new "big person"  quilt as his quilt was made when he was about 4 years old, lol.
The aqua/green FQ is for a skirt I am making for a granddaughter.  Gosh, I had better get busy.

Catch you later everyone.  Hope you are not finding the Christmas rush too overwhelming.  Thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Clare
I'm linking to Oh!Scrap here have a look at the gorgeous scrap quilt ideas.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're still trying to shake off you infection, it's no fun dealing with that and the antibiotics, whilst clearing things up, can bring with them there own set of problems! However, good to see you've been able to have a little stash enhancement, this always lifts the spirit I find, not so good for bank balance!

    ReplyDelete