Thursday 8 February 2018

Oh no! Look what I found!!! (lots photos)

It's been a little bit cooler over the last week, which has been a welcome relief.  Today felt positively cold this morning, but it soon warmed up by the afternoon.



 The other day, DH decided it was time to sort through all of the "stuff" that had literally been shoved into the conservatory at the back of our house and forgotten.  Unfortunately for me, there was a large rolling bin full of ..... you guessed it!!
UFO's.  More blooming UFOs is just what I needed.  Well, like a hole in the head, I should say.

So I sat down and emptied it out and had a bit of a stroll down memory lane.  This Angel project goes back to 2003!!  That's only... let's see....ummm 15 years.  Not bad when you say it really, really fast?  Oh dear, it only needs the border done and it would be together,  On the list it goes.













Then there are these two pieces of unfinished work.  They originate from a class I held in my shop back in ????? for the most lovely bag.  You fused the background and then cut out the flowers or a vase and put soft bridal netting over then.  Then you stitched it all down however you liked.  Made a fabulous looking bag, but maybe not until it's finished?  LOL.

























This vase full of flowers was lovely to put together.  Oh dear, this will definitely have to be finished.  Now how long do I have to live???





This is the pattern and you can see how beautiful it is supposed to look as a "finished" product.

Oh well, on with the parade.,.,,.
I found these most beautiful embroideries in a garage sale.  The lady who had stitched them had passed away and they had ended up in a church garage sale being sold for an infinitesimal amount. I love them and will do something with them soon.  Maybe set them on to a background and make a wall hanging with them.






















This is the second half of a bargello quilt that I started making at a class with Malcolm Angus. The challenge was to use a colour not normally in your stash, so my friend Colleen and I swapped favourite colours.  I got purple and she got green, and it was very challenging.  Well it has to go on the list too, doesn't it?
















My sample piece (wrinkled) of learning to hand quilt using the Luixin Newman method.  I only have some detail around the edges to finish and it could become a cushion.  Undecided on this one as I used a not very good quality quilters muslin, but it is one of my few hand quilted pieces,  I love hand quilting, but my hands don't!!






















The left over makings of a sample from a Janome class in our shop.  It was used to learn lots of techniques like couching, decorative stitches, ribbon work, etc.  This lot will be donated to my friend who makes the Fidget Cushions for Alzheimer patients.











And then there was this magazine from 1997!  I thought why on earth did I keep this.  It's either the Sashiko stitching or the quilting patterns, but it's too long ago to remember, lol.

















And finally, I found this Thimbleberries  Pun'kin Boy panel that was given to me by a friend for my birthday, probably about the same year as the magazine!!  I think they have even done a reprint of these I recall seeing somewhere.  Does it count if you have an original.  Not sure what on earth I will do with it?








Well, I hope you have enjoyed this walk down memory lane with me.  I am upset that I now have another six or so extra UFOs to get finished, but I do still like most of these, so I guess that's not so bad.



I hope you have all had a great week or so stitching and quilting.

I'm off to get organised for bed I think.  Shall try and make the next post a little shorter.  Take care.

Hugs and blessings
Clare


2 comments:

  1. Some beauties there. What's 6 more UFOs - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure trove!!! This all going to keep you out of trouble - those delicious embroideries were a super find.

    ReplyDelete