Monday 19 February 2018

Scrapping along...

It's been so rewarding working on the second to last block (or penultimate block as they say) of my "Applique Affair" quilt designed by Editya Star.  Rewarding, but at the same time frustrating as I plodded through this seemingly very plain block.  Then when you do the last of the leaves, all of a sudden this block turns into something rather beautiful that speaks of gardens.  The seed pods are definitely not my best work, but then neither is any of it really.  Is it the end of the world?  I don't think so, therefore it stays as it is.


These are the first of my nine patches that I'm doing as part of the mystery quilt with Carole as explained in my post here and I'm trying to keep ahead.  Life has a habit of getting in the road and all of a sudden then next clue arrives and the last one hasn't been done.  Trying not to do too much of that this year.  Also so happy to be using up some more scraps.




















We had a group day to work on our charity quilt.  All the blocks are now made and we will sash it next.  Sad to say the dent in the scrap baskets was barely noticeable.  I think we have enough to make about 20 or 30 quilts.  Oh dear. Fancy having to keep on quilting....lol.














That's all my patchworking news.  But look who I got to meet on Sunday.... may I introduce our newest great granddaughter - Nathalie Charlotte.  We go to have cuddles and it was so lovely.  Nathalie was only 6 lb ?  born and is now well over 7 lb.  Mum and Dad are both very tall (Dad is almost 6 ft 5 in) so she is all arms and legs, which will catch up in the middle at some stage.  Very blessed indeed to have this wee one come into our family.



Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Hope all your patchwork is meeting where it should and all is well with your families.

I am linking with Cynthia at Oh Scrap do go visit.

Hugs and blessings,
Clare

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Clare! She is a cutie.

    I love those scrappy blocks. Great idea for a group donation quilt. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia, in total agreement with you and we're not biased about her...lol.

      Delete
  2. Love me some scrapping along! Our club night theme this week is scrappy quilts. We have been asked to take along samples. I can just imagine the glazed look coming over faces if I took all mine along! I best hold off at two or three.
    I think your appliqué looks grand. Wish I could do it that well. I have decided I am not an appliqué girl. I enjoy the hand stitching. But the rest of it (all that prep) bores me to sobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your leaves. And such a cute this girl!!

    ReplyDelete