Thursday 20 November 2014

A small bag, roses and a posh tea!

Life has been fun the past week.  On Sunday Kerry and I were invited to share lunch with Kerry's sister Colleen.  After devouring a yummy feast, we went out to look at Colleen's garden.  These are her roses in the back garden...aren't they truly gorgeous.


Then yesterday I drove my daughter in law Kea up to Napier so she could stay with her Mum Linda while our Richard and his Dad work on making a table for her drawing.  We picked up Linda and went of to "Port of Call" in Ahuriri, Napier.  It is around by the inner port area and is a lovely spot.  We had a very posh morning tea with all the trimmings as you can see.


We then tootled off to the Baby Factory to help Kea make some needed purchases for our new grandbaby.  I am a very spoilt Mother in Law to be part of this time that is so special between a Mum and her daughter.
Then it was Hastings for lunch.  This is the side view of Kea...it is only 7 weeks to go!
Today I finished off a wee wristlet purse out of the scraps from the Nappy Bag that I made for Kea.  You can see my bag here.  The pattern came from a blog I found after a search for little bags and you can see this great tutorial with lots of photos here .


So there you have it.  I'm working on a large quilt at the moment and will show you more when finished.  I'm off home now to get the vegies on for dinner.

Thanks for visiting and talk to you again soon. I'm linking to TGIF here.

Blessings
Clare

2 comments:

  1. Roses stunning. The posh tea is on our to do list when we cone to Napier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet little bag. And how nice that you have that relationship with your daughter in law!

    ReplyDelete