Thursday 27 November 2014

A Tribute to Marilyn Quilt

Hello everyone.  I have been busy working on a very large quilt that is all about Marilyn Munroe with the odd bit of Hepburn and Bogart thrown in.  The quilt was 88" x 101" so it kept me quiet for quite some time.
Here are some photos, well lots really as it is such a big quilt with so many things in it...
Lots of single pics of Marilyn.  I used So Fine Charcoal throughout the quilt.
Busy posters that made my head hurt thinking what to do with them.

I think we all know this famous shot of Marilyn.

This shot gives you a little bit of an idea of the size.

This is what I look like in my bathing suit....hahahahahaha...


These were a bit tricky as very thick with licky sticky fusible stuff.


Another poster shot.
Such a happy photo.  What a shame it all went wrong for her.  Used lots of simple lines in the backgrounds of these photo blocks which looked really good and didnt detract from Marilyn.
 
And finally the border treatment.  Took ages to do all the circles, but the overall look was really good.

So there you have it, the reason for my silence.  I will try and post again soon.

Yippee it's Friday so the weekend is here.  Hoping to do lots of stitching for me this time.  Take care and have a great weekend yourself. 

Blessings
Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment