Tuesday 9 January 2018

A New Year and new start..

Hello everyone, no doubt you will have given up on ever seeing another post from me.  Me too!!!  However, I have decided it is time to get back to some of these things.  Will try and be less wordy and more photographic.  Did lose a few good quilt photos when I changed phones, but never mind, lots of things come along to take their place.
We had a lovely Christmas and New Year and hope you did too.  Last weekend we headed down to Wellington and had a second Christmas dinner with Richard, Kea and Marcy.  We had to postpone going down as Marcy picked up whooping cough.  Although vaccinated, there are so many new strains around due to the non-vaccinated children.  Therefore we headed off in time to celebrate Marceline's 3rd birthday on Saturday 6th.  We had a great time.

I made Kea and Marcy these aprons as a Christmas gift.  They are  double sided and have cupcake fabric on the other side.  Rattled the brain a little as I remember how to make them.  LOL.


This is the huge quilt I finally got finished for Kea and Richard.
It is about 520 inches worth of binding big!!!
Can't actually remember the size, but it's blooming big and they have a king sized bed.  Wanted it to come down to the floor too.
It is actually a family-made quilt.  They all ended up helping me to make it - Kea, Richard, Kerry, and Marcy helped Nana by pressing the scissors button, LOL.

Most pleased it is finished, and did binding by machine both sides.  They don't really care, and it was too hard for my hands to go that far around in batik,

Now have to work on their spare bed quilt, as the one I made when Richard went off to university a number of years ago, is falling to pieces.  These guys love their quilts to death by using them constantly, and really, isn't that why we make them?


The old list below, and the new above.  Here's hoping for good progress again.




















Well that's probably enough for now.  I shall finish off and try to be a much better blogger from now on.  Hope you are all having a lovely new start to your new year.

Hugs and blessings,
Clare

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Great to see you back on blogging land. I need to do the same. I have camera issues an the moment which makes blogging harder than it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda. 2018 seems like a good year to do things better. Love your quilting, keep it up.

      Delete
  2. You got some good work finished last year! Cute, cute photos with your family, and I really love that everyone helped with the giant king size quilt. I have a top to quilt up on my 2018 list that all of us worked on, so that will be fun. Hey, since you already have an 18 list for 2018, you should join us in the 18 in 2018 group - it could give you reasons to blog, too, when you've knocked at something on your list. Each month a sharing link is open for the whole month, so you can post any time you accomplish something. We'd love to have you with us. http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/p/18-in-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynette, what a grand idea. I will take you up on that.

      Delete