Sunday 19 March 2017

Scrap sorting...

Got a bee in my bonnet about sorting out the two baskets of scraps that were hiding under the tea trolley in the classroom.  Spent about 4 days using my Accu Quilt to cut them up into various squares.  Love this tool.  Makes life so easy for me.

I did start to balk at the 1.5 inch squares as I dont have a die for them.  Might be a Mothers Day request.  Think I'll sew them into strips and then cut a block out.  Sounds so much easier.
Made this beanie for son Richard, who has put in an order for at least a buffer of 10 before I decide to leave this world!!  Nice I thought, to be appreciated.
Love, love love the sunflowers in our back garden.  Seeds came from our daughter Shala.
Made this wee quilt as a donation quilt from a couple of charm packs I had collected.  Managed to find a gorgeous orange FQ in my stash for the border.  Nice blue to bind with.

Off on holiday on Wednesday and staying in Wellington with Richard, Kea and Marcy.  Made this wee zippered bag for Miss Marcy to carry some of her treasures around in.

And to finish, once again we are playing host parents to a zillion caterpillars and subsequent chrysalii and butterflies.  It is so exciting to get them right through.  The population is in decline and not sure why.
Will catch up again when back from our first holiday since 2012.  Wow it's going to be so interesting.

Hugs and thanks for reading.
Clare

I'm linking to Oh Scraps and the link is on  my sidebar.  Do check out what other wonderful scrap quilts are being made.

5 comments:

  1. It always feels good to get those scraps cut and organized. Great job on that scrappy patchwork little quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I wish I could see all those butterflies when they emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all those neatly cut scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cheerful photos! Love that scrap sorting and flowers! Thank you for sharing! BTW, do you have any plans for those lovely scraps! I usually admire mine for a while before using them! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your knitted hat. Gorgeous. I never quite got the knack of knitting....only something flat....LOL....so cute.

    ReplyDelete