Of course I had already loaded the top before I decided to use this template and felt I needed to mark all the borders before I started to make sure it would fit properly and space them out right. Off came the quilt, into the marking and then reload. I also decided to treat the outer and inner border as one for this design.
|marking the quilt|
I have finished the top border and am really pleased with how these paisley shapes have turned out. This memory quilt contains all sorts of different materials including lots of bandannas with a huge variety of paisley designs in them so it worked really well to quilt these in.
Of course there was a huge area inside the shape so decided to put some feathers around the inside line and a loop in the middle. I'm happy with the result. Took a fair bit of time working it all out though.
To end on a pretty note, this is a photo of my rambler rose called "Clair Matin." My mother gave it to me the first Christmas we spent in Waipukurau, and next month we will celebrate our 20th Christmas here. I have carted it around the town with me (4 moves) and it has sat in a bucket for many a year. Finally, we found a place for it last year and you can see how well it has settled in. There is a possibility that we might move some time next year so this time I have taken a couple of cuttings to see if I can get them to grow. That way the poor thing may be able to stay put.
|A mass of beautiful flowers|
|A close up view|
Well that's it for now. I hope you are having a great weekend. I am looking forward to watching the All Blacks tomorrow morning...should just be able to fit it in before going to church.
Thanks for visiting.