Thursday 11 June 2015

A Scrap Quilt top finish

I can finally say that I have finished the scrappy blue and red quilt top for my grandson Caleb.  Now it gets to move to the "waiting to be quilted" pile, but the birthday is coming up in September and that aint gonna take long to get here.  What made it even more delicious to finish, was I found the lovely fishy border fabric in my stash!!  Yayyyy, using up my stash with this quilt.  As this does  not happen too often we must celebrate.
I only just had enough border fabric so did the corner square thingy.

Caleb often goes fishing with his Dad, so it was a very appropriate fabric.


Our walnut tree is always the last to lose it leaves in winter, but we have had about five giant frosts in a row, and on the morning of the heaviest we woke to a carpet of leaves.  (The lawn had only been mowed the day before and there were no leaves in sight.)

This is quite a young walnut tree at 10yrs.  Fruited for the first time last year, then this year we had a few more, but only one walnut survived!!  Patience.  In the mean time good old Clair Matin doesn't know that it is supposed to be a rest time for her.  Next month will give her a good prune which will make her rest up a bit.


I am linking to Oh Scrap which you can find  here and see other gorgeous scrap quilts.

Short and sweet catch up.  Hope you are all well and snuggled up on these cooler days.  Alternatively, you may be sunning yourself at the beach and loving the hot weather.  Wherever you are, take the time to ponder on your blessings.

Take care
Clare


3 comments:

  1. I love that top! Clever border solution. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border is fantastic on your quilt. And I really like that scrappy center. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy that was a lucky find in your stash! Love the fish. Such a cute quilt. He'll be wrapped in it all the time.

    ReplyDelete