Thursday 18 December 2014

Fabric sneaking into my Stash!!!

Well for goodness sake, I'm not really sure how this happened....

Our Tuesday Chat group went out Tuesday of last week for our Christmas outing.  We did happen to call in at a couple of quilt shops...and somehow these wee pieces of fabric jumped right into my hand.  Honestly, I'm sure that's how it happened.....lol.  Just a few extra bits and pieces for my Farmers Wife blocks mostly, and just loved this one....


Isn't it just gorgeous.  Might have to sneak back and get another couple of pieces in the other colourways.
We had a lovely day out...there were 10 of us.  We visited the Museum in Napier to see the clothing collection of our ex Member of Parliament the late Turakatene-Sullivan and the wonderful display of lovely old aprons, tea cosies and other memorabilia from Rosemary McLeod's personal collection.  We certainly had a lovely day.

Then I thought I should do some further "sorting of the stuff" in preparation for when we convert this building into our home!!  Oh dear, it is going to be rather difficult going from two huge rooms for my studio and storage to...???????  I did manage to sort my basket of assorted strips...

Now all bagged up into their colours and all the 2 1/2" strips in one bundle.  Wow some awesomeness in organisational skills.   (those are my big words for the week!).

Then I got into making some more bags from my granddaughters Christmas Presents.  I shall put goodies inside them.  These are so simple and easy to make thanks to some wonderful blog postings too numerous to list here.  Also found another neat pattern in a magazine today but havent tried that out yet.


Yippee, only a few to go.  Off to the Waikato for Christmas this year.

Talk to you all again soon.  Thanks for visiting.

Blessings
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment